Food Safety Document Development for Small Food Processors
Bowling Green, OH | Cleveland, OH
If you are a small-scale food producer there is required documentation you will need to complete to be compliant with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). This includes documentation of your size exemption as a “qualified facility” and various food safety programs. This workshop is intended for small (< $1 million in sales/year) producers of fermented, canned, and other shelf-stable foods.
This one-day course is a hands-on opportunity for processors to develop their food safety documentation in small groups with individual coaching from instructors. Participants are encouraged to bring their existing documentation, if they have it, for review by instructors. Attendees should leave with completed or nearly completed food safety documentation for size exemptions, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Preventive Control Food Safety Plans as relevant.
- This workshop is limited to the first 20 registrants. Additional registrants will be added to a waitlist and additional workshops may be scheduled as needed to meet demand.
- The workshop fee is $25/person and includes lunch and materials.
- Prior food safety training is recommended but not required prior to enrollment.
- Attendees who wish to work on digital versions of their plans are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
- Questions about the course content can be directed to Abby Snyder of OSU (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions about enrollment can be directed to email@example.com.
This course is made possible through a grant supported by the USDA and grant support from the Connect & Collaborate program at The Ohio State University.
CHOOSE between two dates and locations. Follow the Register button and choose in the ticket page Register options.
Northwest Ohio Cooperative Kitchen (NOCK/AIF) | 1/10/2019
13737 Middleton Pike, Bowling Green, OH 43402
Cleveland Culinary Launch and Kitchen | 1/29/2019
7501 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44103
Dr. Shari Plimpton
Director of Food Industry Programs