FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food Workshop
Register now for the FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food Workshop, Wed.-Thurs., May 3-4, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) is a professional who can manage a Food Safety Plan at a facility in accordance with the FDA's Food Safety Modernization Act. The Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) has partnered with the FDA to develop course curriculum to meet the requirements.
This course developed by the FSPCA is the standardized curriculum recognized by the FDA. Successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a preventive controls qualified individual. Participants will receive their official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate of training upon successful completion of the course.
Why should you attend? The breadth of experience of our lead and assistant instructors: regulatory, industry (grocery, restaurant, manufacturing), operations, supply chain, inspection, commercialization, and, we can focus attention on your company-specific, food safety plan development.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to have a better understanding of:
- Creating a food safety plan
- The role of prerequisite programs
- Conducting a hazard analysis
- Defining and implementing process, food allergen, sanitation and supply-chain preventive controls
- Verification, validation, recall and record keeping requirements
- Writing an effective recall plan
Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their company’s food safety plan to work directly with real-world-experience industry experts. Please note that plans will be kept confidential during one-on-one discussions and not shared among participants.
Lunch, afternoon snacks and beverages will be provided throughout. This training requires attendance and participation of the full two day duration to receive a certificate.
- Introduction to course & preventive controls
- Food safety plan overview
- Good manufacturing practices and other prerequisite programs
- Biological food safety hazards
- Chemical, physical, & economically motivated food safety hazards
- Preliminary steps in developing a food safety plan
- Resources for food safety plans
- Hazard analysis & preventive controls
- Determination process preventive controls
- Food allergen preventive controls
- Sanitation preventive controls
- Supply chain preventive controls
- Verification & validation procedures
- Record-keeping procedures
- Recall plan
- cGMP & hazard analysis & risk based preventative controls for human food
Lead Presenter: Barb Hunt, director, quality & food safety services, Savour Food Safety International
Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton (Cleveland Rockside); 5800 Rockside Woods Blvd. N, Independence, OH 44131. Click here for directions. Rooms are available at a discounted rate by contacting 216-986-9900 or reserving online here.
Cost: $800 for CIFT members; $900 for non-CIFT members
Click here to register/pay online by Friday, Apr. 28, 2017.
Can't make it in May? Click here to register for Sept. 20-21, 2017 in the Toledo/Findlay area.