Career Opportunity | Manager – MEP Sales
POSITION TITLE: Manager – MEP Sales
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development (Custom Training Solutions)
SUPERVISOR: Director Workforce Development
GRADE LEVEL: IV
The MEP Sales Account Manager is responsible for selling MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) services, including but not limited to workforce training and related services to business and industry. The primary focus is to identify needs of Small to Medium Sized Manufacturers (SME) and to develop solutions through the resources of the MEP system. Responsibilities include; generating revenue for CIFT, the regional MEP center, generating revenues based on annual goals and sales projections, functioning as a team member of Custom Training Solutions, keeping up-to- date with developments and emerging needs in the manufacturing sector, and providing input into the product development, marketing and strategic efforts of CIFT and the Ohio MEP. This person will be located at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center at the University of Toledo Scott Park campus and will focus his/her efforts on manufacturers located in Lucas and Wood counties. This position is contingent on continued grant funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sell and coordinate MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) services, in Technology Acceleration, Sustainability, Continuous Improvement, Supply Chain Optimization, and Workforce Development to manufacturers in Northwest Ohio.
2. Generate revenue for CIFT and CTS based on annual MEP goals and sales projections.
3. Conduct needs assessments/diagnostic sales calls with prospective clients for the purpose of developing proposals for all MEP services, including customized training.
4. Create proposals for providing MEP services to regional manufacturers.
5. Create training proposals and plans in consultation with qualified instructor, trainer or subject matter expert.
6. Recommends and offers input into the regional MEP partner strategy.
7. Proactively schedule (3) Continuous Improvement, (2) Supply Chain Development, (2) Sustainability and (3) Workforce client events per quarter.
8. Sell (5) Continuous Improvement, (2) Supply Chain Development, (2) Sustainability and (3)Workforce client projects per quarter using the resident and network resources of CIFT and the Ohio MEP
9. Maintain up-to- date records and prepare reports on MEP activities as required.
10. Facilitates cooperative relationships with outside agencies, including:
a. Manufacturing Organizations.
b. Adult Career Centers
c. Economic Development, Chamber, Commissioners, etc.
11. Facilitates cooperative relationships with other academic division services within the College. Assist in the promotion of trade shows, apprentice programs and the promotion of all training services provided by Northwest State Community College.
12. Other similar duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of an Associate degree in a technology or business discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in consultative sales or performance consulting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in preparing and delivering oral and written proposals.
- Proven success in maintaining interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- K, S & A in verbal and written communications.
- K, S & A in the sales process.
- K, S & A in program and curriculum design.
- K, S & A in networking and relationship building.
- K, S & A in computer and digital literacy.
- K, S & A marketing training products.
Supervisory duties for assigned part time instructors, sales and support personnel.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
Position will interact, and do presentations for business & industry personnel, NSCC and other college personnel, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed primarily in an office or classroom setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.