Manufacturing Day Tour
Friday, October 5, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
October 5, 2018 is National Manufacturing Day!
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.89 is added to the economy.
- In 2016, the average manufacturing worker in the United States earned $82,023 annually, including pay and benefits.
See what is taking place in our region to address:
- A state-of-the-art facility designed to provide hands-on training to the latest equipment
- Demonstrating growth by building a food business with the freshest ingredients from the ground up.
- Approaches to designing and developing an automation system to complement manufacturing operations. How do robots link with production?
- An impressive 135-acre campus aiming for zero defects and zero back-orders by employing high-speed robotics and filling equipment managed by quality assurance metrics throughout the process.
There is no cost to attend this tour, lunch will be provided. We are looking forward to seeing you on Manufacturing Day 2018!
- Over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed, and 2 million are expected to go unfilled due to the skills gap.
- Taken alone, manufacturing in the United States would be the ninth-largest economy in the world.
Tour Rules: Cameras/cell phones will not be allowed in the Plants; name badges, eye protection & earplugs will be provided. All participants will be required to sign a Confidentially Agreement & review a safety brochure prior to boarding the charter bus.