August 24 & 25 | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
CIFT presents the HACCP Introductory Workshop
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a practical, systematic management tool designed to ensure food and product safety. It involves identifying biological, chemical and physical hazards and demonstrates where resources should be targeted to reduce the risk of selling an unsafe product.
This course is a combination of lecture and classroom exercises and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance and meets Global Food Safety Initiative requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for anyone looking to gain a working knowledge of HACCP, and in particular:
- Quality Assurance managers and team members
- Food safety managers, auditors, and consultants
- Production supervisors
- Food retailers, distributors, and processors
Workshop Agenda During this course, students will gain a working knowledge of HACCP and write an actual HACCP plan for a fictitious product or process.
- HACCP History and Overview
- Introduction to Microbiology
- 7 Principles of HACCP
- Principle 1: Conduct a Hazard Analysis
- Principle 2: Identify CCPs in the Process
- Principle 3: Establish Critical Limits
- Principle 4: Establish Monitoring Procedures
- Principle 5: Establish Corrective Actions
- Principle 6: Establish Verification Procedures
- Principle 7: Record Keeping Procedures
- Implementing and Maintaining the HACCP Plan and System
- Review and Exam*
All students who complete the course will receive a certificate. Those who successfully pass the exam will receive their certificate bearing a seal from the International HACCP Alliance. Those who do not pass the exam will receive a certificate of participation.
Location: Findlay Market 1801 Race St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
$700 per person. (non member)
$650 per person (member)
$50 discount if registering multiple people from the same organization at once
Lunch will be provided each day
No refund if seven (7) days prior; $50 cancellation fee eight (8) days or more before start of workshop. Substitutions are accepted at any time.