CIFT is excited to announce that our Project Manager — Industry 4.0, Joseph Schultz, recently completed ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor training. With this certification, Joe will be able to serve northwest Ohio’s manufacturers in even more areas. ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies.
We interviewed Joe upon completion of the ISO 9001 course to share how this new certification will benefit our clients.
Why did you take the ISO 9001 course?
I took this course to better meet the needs of our clients. CIFT, the Northwest Ohio MEP center, is now better able to assist, especially in our client’s staffing crisis.
What was the biggest challenge in taking this course?
The biggest challenge in taking this course is just how much detail, time and preparation an audit can take. It’s crucial for all areas to be covered and standardized for a successful operation. We typically think just a product need to be standardized. However, in ISO, the sales, customer services, quality and more need to have written plans of action.
What was the biggest surprise?
The biggest surprise to me in this ISO 9001 training is that ISO requires top management to take part and be the driving force for the quality standard.
What are you most excited to bring to clients now that you are certified?
I’m most excited to help our clients in new ways. They are facing challenges on every front and now we can add some relief and help them keep their standard. This can all have a huge impact on their business.
What does this certification mean for CIFT clients?
CIFT is now able to provide ISO services. There are six new services from this:
1. Implementation Plan Development and Project Management – An implementation plan functions as the blueprint for any shared objective. CIFT can help you create your Quality Management System (QMS) and be your Project Manager to help you successfully achieve ISO 9001:2015.
2. Management Overview – Help with planning and organizing your ISO 9001:2015.
3. One-On-One Consulting/Documentation Review – Your go-to partner for any ISO 9001:2015 questions. Documentation review in your QMS and associated documents.
4. Internal Auditor Training – Assistance in training your internal audit team.
5. Pre-Assessment Audit – Conducting a pre-audit before a certification body performs one and identifying areas that need a tune-up or missing.
6. Registry Audit*ISO – Connect you with the correct certification body to achieve your ISO 9001:2015.