Assists with marketing and communications activities for CIFT and its programs. Writing and creative communications skills are important, as is the knowledge of art design and graphics, and the processes to assist in the production of marketing materials, both printed and electronic. Be our social media influencer and blogger. Work and professional demeanor will be consistent with the policies, practices, and objectives established by CIFT and its shareholders. Expectations are to incorporate a learned skill set from a university/college setting to applied CIFT projects and gain corporate knowledge and experience.
- Work with manager to create content for CIFT social media channels including daily posting and analytics tracking (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Create content for email campaigns (Services, Events, Newsletters, Press Releases)
- Assist with event planning, promotions, and taking photos at events.
- Work with the Manager, Strategic Marketing in creating success stories and/or blogs.
- Utilize software design tools, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Canva for various CIFT promotional printed materials.
- Brainstorm and research potential speakers for future ag-business-related forums along with other CIFT events.
- Complete one project (TBD) for a new marketing outreach initiative.
- Design a PowerPoint to report the results of your internship with CIFT to staff members present at a staff meeting before departure.
Are you interested in honing your craft while learning new skills in the strategic marketing and communications space? Are you a self-starter who is willing to learn and take positive feedback to optimize your skill set? Do you like problem-solving and getting your hands dirty experimenting with innovative outreach solutions? Then we hope this will be the opportunity you have been looking for.
We are a nonprofit that acts like a tech company in helping innovation grow in companies large and small. We have a small but mighty team that punches above its weight class through teamwork and coordination. We work in the food and manufacturing space promoting services, innovation and highlighting the importance of both spaces.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Suite and Canva
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with email tools like Constant Contact
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with good presentation skills
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a university or college setting; preferred emphasis within marketing, communications, or public relations
- Minimum 1 day a week on location to work directly with Manager, Strategic Marketing. Working hours will be approximately 10-20 hours per week and arranged around class schedules.
A cover letter and writing/marketing sample must accompany the resume submission.
Can be a school-related project or something created for a prior employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org