You are processing amazing food products. Our passion is helping you find the solutions to grow.
For 25 years, we’ve been helping food processing for all stage and size companies grow and tackle the challenges our essential industry faces. Our depth of experience gives us a strong understanding to find the solutions that drive growth and competitiveness for the companies we partner with.
Our network of resources is second to none. Our team has decades of experience working with the largest and most influential leaders on innovative and market expanding projects as well as helping medium size companies grow and expand.
We know your company and products are as unique as the challenges you face. Projects are driven by understanding you and your specific situation first, then delivering a partnership that optimally solves your issue.
Just some of the ways we can help
Food Safety Gap Assessments
We work with food processors on general regulatory compliance up to GFSI certification such as Safe Quality Foods (SQF), BRC Global Standard, and Food Safety System Certification (FSSC 22000).
CIFT can help you implement a food safety management system as well as audit your current systems and train your team to gain better value out of your systems. We know that each company has its own unique circumstances so we customize the way we work with each individual client.
Due to the current situation, most if not all work can be completed virtually.
- Conduct complimentary Gap Assessments to determine areas of need or improvement. This can be completed onsite or 100% virtually
- Help with program development, implementation and/or corrective action plans.
- Coach your food safety team through the implementation and audit process.
- Provide internal auditor training to teach your team how to find opportunities for improvement.
Automation Assessments and System Integration
Sometimes even the most successful food companies and food processors hit a plateau in growth. Scaling up production presents many unique challenges. Automation can be the solution, but understanding its application to your business isn't always clear.
This is where our team can help. We can provide an assessment, free of charge, of your entire operations to determine how and where automation can help your business, including recommending vendors, integrators, and providing ROI estimates.
How automation can help your business:
- Reducing manual interaction in the production process, therefore improving efficiency, throughput, and end product quality.
- Gathering, collecting, and analyzing data on your process and products to allow for better-informed strategic decisions.
- As a non profit we can also provide funding in certain select cases to help offset the cost of initial investment.
Supply Chain Optimization
Rarely have supply-chain leaders in food processing faced more complex, changing conditions than they have during the COVID-19 pandemic. These issues can be a challenge for even veteran teams and companies. This is where CIFT can help. Issues such as longer lead times, short orders and product scarcity continue to plague the food industry.
CIFT has over 25 years working across the entire food economy with processors, service providers, government agencies and higher learning institutions. Our resources and network are just one part of what we bring though. Our team also has years of hands-on experience working with a variety of domestic suppliers from ingredients to packaging to chemicals.
We know that each company has its own unique circumstances so we customize the way we work with each individual client. CIFT can be utilized as an outside resource to help with:
- Identifying alternative regional and national suppliers with shorter lead times.
- Developing a sustainability program based around packaging, recyclable goods, waste water etc.
- Ingredient and packaging cost analysis.
- Food safety program enhancement.
- Distribution, transportation and warehouse sourcing etc.
- And more
To help you identify the best and most efficient way to address your supply chain hurdles we offer a complimentary Supply Chain Assessment. This process consists of:
- Offering the client a free Supply Chain Questionnaire – The questionnaire covers 8 of the most important areas to supply chain within the food industry.
- From the questionnaire, we generate a Supply Chain Assessment Report – This report will highlight those areas and help maximize your supply chain efficiencies.
- CIFT will generate a comprehensive proposal that will help you address full spectrum solutions as well as identify quantifiable benefits from implementing the plan.
Other Services & Resources
- Product Development
- Nutritional Labeling
- Microbiological Studies i.e. Process Authority, Challenge Studies, Shelf Life Studies
- In House Food Safety Training
- Environmental Monitoring Program Support